Monday, November 18, 2013

What Does YOLO Mean To You?


You only live once huh? True enough I guess. Where I think that the mantra YOLO has become an excuse for some really stupid behavior, and though I never actually SAY YOLO myself, if only because everybody else is doin it, I do use a kind of this philosophy in my everyday life.

I try to be cautious mostly. Sometimes that caution is just a little too over bearing to really be conducive to a fulfilled life. Sometimes, you just gotta cut loose and let the chips fall where they may. To me, at its best this mantra literally means you are gonna die. And you don’t get any do overs. Life is too short to spend it cooped up ion relative safety, never taking a chance in your life, just to try and preserve that very life which, let’s face it, is gonna be over before you know it. If there is an option to be explored, an adventure to be had, or a high pay off risk to take, why not take it. We don’t have any idea what this life is really for anyway. I tend to get by on the assumption that the meaning of life is just to live life for the sake of itself. Don’t squander the opportunity that you have been given to live a life that is truly amazing, weird, difficult and interesting. Hey, you only live once here. I don’t want to live to be 110 years of age only to find myself on my death bed, counting my regrets to pass the time. I won’t do. Sure, I’ll continue to be cautious in certain aspects of my life, but when it comes right down to it, when random adventure comes my way, I gotta hop on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment