Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Image Response

1.Pimp my Kettle. The image shown on the board- the little mullet man with the pimped out kettle- has an image below it I can barely see except that is says chicken. Could this image be for instant rice? I have never cooked chicken with a kettle. I would like to think that the image is actually for really hardcore tea drinkers. Tea is awesome. I believe this, though I dont drink much of it. However, tea has sort of a wimpier, froo froo, vaguely english feel. here is a harder one.

2.Hot air balloon downed over a billboard of an upsidedown vacuum... ummm. okay you got me with this one. Is the vaccuum devouring the balloon? Im just not really sure what to make of this. I feel like I'm Mising the obvious statement, but I just cant quite put my finger on it... Who might the audience be for this? Motorists?

3. Coca Cola add. This one is abunch or various sports players on a faded, oldtimey backround of bright, happy color. That sort of leads to the idea that the audience is athletes. The caption says 130 + years of coca cola posters past to present. I think the measage is that coke has always been with you, since before you were born. Drink coke and recapture the pleasures of the past, playing on people's nastalgia. Coke people are happier, they're always doing exciting things, making friends, and enjoying life.

4. The hoodlum is incapacitated, underneath the walker of what is presumable a little old lady. The logo reads "Senior Self-Defense". Im taking it to be a literal add for a senoir self defense program, Unless of course the "Senior" is a name, a title, or a distinction of experience, and the picture is just a clever illustration.

5. The tree parking space. "reserved for drunk drivers". It is obviously part of the large public saftey add campaign against drinking and driving. Since there is not a product, the target or audience is the potential offenders themselves. I also feel that the general public is a target here, I mean those that never drink and drive, because the very image and idea instill some fear, and promote more support of law inforcement, though indirectly.

6.The image of a child lying facedown on a beach towel UNDER the water. The target is parents and families that frequent pools and swimming  holes. Here, again, we have a public saftey add. Playing on fear. The image is disburbing, but there again is the light humor, like he is actually hanging out down there on a towel, to lighten the mood, and make it more palatable. This one, despite the humor, I think is effective. The child walking by looking at him is also wearing a life jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment